Investments in additive manufacturing, also known as 3D printing, have increased in recent years, including in 2020. Here are some reasons why investors may have been interested in additive manufacturing in 2020:
- Growing demand for 3D printing technology: The demand for 3D printing technology has increased in various industries, including aerospace, automotive, healthcare, and consumer goods. As technology advances, it is becoming more accessible and affordable for companies of all sizes, leading to increased adoption and investment.
- Reshoring and supply chain disruptions: The COVID-19 pandemic highlighted the fragility of global supply chains and the importance of having resilient and flexible manufacturing capabilities. 3D printing allows for local production, reducing the reliance on overseas suppliers and increasing the speed and efficiency of manufacturing processes.
- Sustainability and waste reduction: 3D printing creates complex designs and shapes that were previously difficult or impossible to produce with traditional manufacturing methods. This results in less material waste and energy consumption, making it a more environmentally friendly option.
- Innovation and customization: 3D printing allows for rapid prototyping and iteration, enabling companies to quickly test and refine new products and designs. Additionally, it enables the production of customized products at scale, offering new opportunities for personalized and unique products.
- Mergers and acquisitions: There have been several mergers and acquisitions in the 3D printing industry in recent years, indicating investor interest and confidence in the industry’s growth potential.
These factors, among others, may have contributed to the increasing investments in additive manufacturing in 2020. However, as with any investment, risks are involved, and investors should carefully consider their objectives and risk tolerance before investing in any particular industry or technology.
According to TriLine, “The share of renewables in meeting global energy demand is expected to grow by one-fifth in the next five years to reach 12.4% in 20232. RENW aims to offer long-term exposure to the growing energy future,”Additive manufacturing is on an upward trajectory as of late. This resurgence is because the list of possible 3D-printable materials has more than doubled in the last five years.”
According to Dean Franks, the head of global sales at Autodesk additive manufacturing company, “believes that consumer products, industrial machinery, automotive and tooling applications are the growth opportunities for additive manufacturing. He believes these industries will start to grow as the more established aerospace, medical and dental markets continue growing.”
Bertrand Humel van der Lee, EOS’s Chief Customer Operations Officer, “predicts that 3D printing within healthcare will flourish because there is an increase in demand for personalized healthcare, treatments, and medical devices.”
The Morningstar North America Renewable Energy Index is designed “to provide exposure to companies that operate across the full renewable energy supply chain, including renewable energy innovators, suppliers, adopters, and end-users.”
According to TriLine Index Solutions, the index and ETF development arm of Boone Pickens Capital Fund Advisors.”
Are there any other emerging technologies or industries that you think investors should be paying attention to?
This entry was posted in 3D /4D Printing Medical Technology/Dental/Orthopedics/ Pharmaceuticals/ Implants/ Invisiline/Dentures/ Virtual Reality., 3D and 4D Additive Mechanical Engineering Design/ Wear Testing/ Materials Science/ Custom PC Builds/ Artistic Prints, Creative Projects, Translucent Filaments., 3D Printing Construction Technology/ Real Estate/ Housing/Architecture/ Cultural., 3D Printing/Luxury Lifestyle/ Jewelry/Art/Design/Creativity., 3D Printing/Patent/AI/Science/Fans of the Day/VR., 3D Printing/Space/ Carbon/Sustainable/Conservation., 3D/4D Printing/Innovative Souvenirs/Savings., 3D/4D/5D Printing emergence/ Insights/Community Celebrations., Policy. and tagged Are there any other emerging technologies or industries that you think investors should be paying attention to?, Total 3D-Printing Index, Why Investments in 2020 Additive Manufacturing?.