Square Brussels, Belgium.
Materialise is a Belgian technology company that provides software solutions and 3D printing services for various industries, including healthcare, automotive, aerospace, and consumer goods. The company was founded in 1990 and is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium, with additional offices and production facilities worldwide.
Materialise’s software offerings include solutions for 3D printing design and engineering, medical image processing and planning, and simulation and optimization. Their 3D printing services range from prototyping to production, focusing on advanced applications such as metal printing and mass customization.
In addition to its technology offerings, Materialise is committed to sustainability and social responsibility, with initiatives focused on reducing waste and promoting education and entrepreneurship in its communities.
Materialise states,” Let’s discuss ways we can empower people to design, collaborate, build, and fabricate in more sustainable ways while reducing waste, saving money, and staying competitive.”
To design, collaborate, build, and fabricate in more sustainable ways while reducing waste, saving money, and staying competitive, Materialise suggests the following ways:
- Embrace digital design and 3D printing: Digital design tools and 3D printing technology enable sustainable and efficient manufacturing processes. By embracing these tools, companies can reduce waste and save money on material costs.
- Adopt a circular economy model: The circular economy model promotes the reuse and recycling of materials and resources, reducing waste and conserving natural resources. By adopting this model, companies can reduce their environmental impact and improve their bottom line.
- Encourage collaboration: Collaboration between different stakeholders in the supply chain, such as designers, engineers, and manufacturers, can help identify opportunities for sustainable design and manufacturing.
- Invest in education and training: Education and training programs can help raise awareness of sustainable design and manufacturing practices and provide the skills and knowledge necessary to implement them effectively.
- Set sustainability goals and track progress: Setting sustainability goals and tracking progress can help companies stay focused on their sustainability objectives and identify areas for improvement.