3D Printing, 4D Printing industry news.
Urban landscapes for creating sustainable street furniture with 3D Printing
Creating 3D-printed street furniture using recycled materials can be a great way to promote sustainability and reduce waste. Here are some steps to follow:
- Collect and prepare recycled materials: The first step is to gather materials that can be recycled, such as plastics, metals, or even organic materials like wood or bamboo. Ensure the materials are clean and debris-free, and cut them into smaller pieces if necessary.
- Choose a 3D printing method: There are several 3D printing methods available, including fused deposition modeling (FDM), stereolithography (SLA), and selective laser sintering (SLS). Each method has advantages and limitations, so choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Design the street furniture: Use 3D design software to design the furniture. Ensure the design is practical and functional for the intended use and can be printed using the chosen 3D printing method.
- Convert the design to a printable file format: Use 3D printing software to convert the design to a printable file format, such as STL or OBJ.
- Print the street furniture: Load the printable file into the 3D printer and start printing. Adjust the printer settings to achieve the desired quality and durability.
- Post-process the furniture: Once the furniture is printed, remove any support structures and smooth any rough edges or surfaces. You can also paint or finish the furniture to give it a more polished look.
- Install the furniture: in the intended location, ensuring it is securely anchored and safe for public use.
Following these steps, you can create 3D-printed street furniture using recycled materials and contribute to a more sustainable future.
R3direct on Making 3D Printed Street Furniture Using Recycled Materials.
What materials do you think would be most suitable for sustainable street furniture made using 3D printing technology?
The potential of 3D Printing in education sector 2021 to 2026
According to a market research report by MarketsandMarkets, the global 3D printing market in the education sector is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.6% from 2021 to 2026.
The report suggests that the increasing demand for 3D printing technology in the education sector is primarily driven by the rising adoption of 3D printing in the curriculum to enhance the learning experience and improve skills. Additionally, the increasing availability of 3D printers at affordable prices is expected to boost the market’s growth.
3D printing technology can create models of complex structures, scientific phenomena, and engineering designs with the learning experience and promote innovative thinking.
3D Printing Market in Education Sector to grow at a CAGR of 11.68% from 2021 to 2026, Driven by the benefits offered by 3D printing in the education sector – Technavio
- ← Previous
- Next →